Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Taking the next step to controlling your space, part of Time Management Fundamentals.
- I've now given you an overview…of the six gathering points and an…in-depth explanation on what each…of them are and how to make the best…use of them.…At this point I would recommend that you…do not continue until you have those…gathering points clearly identified.…Make sure you've decided on and designated…homes for the following; one physical inbox,…one portable inbox, one notepad, digital or paper,…one email inbox, one voicemail account…and an additional wildcard gathering…point if necessary.…
After you've done that you're ready…to move on to the next step and begin…taking action to implement this training…for everyday use.…Remember, all of these gathering points exist…for you to put things in them.…Try not to put any unresolved item…anywhere other than these gathering points.…The next time you're tempted to write…a note on the back of an envelope…or stuff something in the drawer…to be dealt with later, instead, use one…of the six gathering points you've chosen.…
Get in the habit of whenever you find…something unprocessed quickly put it into…
Learn how to get more done in the shortest time possible and avoid the obstacles and distractions that can get in the way of good time management. Dave gives practical strategies for increasing productivity in three main areas: developing habits to be more organized and reducing clutter in your workspace; staying mentally on task and eliminate the to-dos you have floating in your head; and developing a time budget to get the most done during your workday and focus on your most valuable activities.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Finding your productivity style and motivation
- Understanding the principles of time management
- Avoiding the pitfalls of multitasking
- Narrowing your gathering points
- Consolidating email and voicemail accounts
- Practicing mind-clearing techniques
- Choosing and using calendar software
- Saying no with tact
- Mastering the what, when, where processing system
- Processing email vs. checking email
- Maintaining productivity gains
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 07/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover understanding the focus-chaos scale, as well as the Microsoft Office option. In addition, the following topic was updated: maintaining your productivity gains.
1. Laying the Productivity Groundwork
2. Obstacle to Productivity
3. Productivity Principle 1: Space
4. Productivity Principle 2: Mind
5. Productivity Principle 3: Time
6. Equipping Yourself for Action
Preparing for action4m 30s
7. Gathering to the Inbox
Preparing to gather2m 46s
8. Understanding Processing
9. Processing Email
10. Your Time Budgeter
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.