Join Mike Figliuolo for an in-depth discussion in this video Taking a broad perspective, part of Executive Decision Making.
- Now that I've covered the principles…behind executive decision-making…and offered several examples,…lets take a step back from this topic…and look at it from a broader perspective.…Some things that you should remember as you enter…one of these decision-making processes are…first, executive decision-making…is exponentially more complex given the scope…of the decisions you're making, the duration…of those decisions, as well as the risks involved…in making them.…Second, understanding all of these factors,…as it relates to the decision, helps you make…better overall decisions that are well thought out.…
Remember, you won't always make the right call.…You have to accept that.…You'll rarely be liked…for some of the decisions that you make.…We're talking about layoffs or shutting things down…or shifting major investments.…You're going to be making these decisions…at great risk to the organization,…as well as to your career.…If you're wrong, there are implications…for your personal development and growth.…That said, true leaders step up to these challenges.…
Mike helps you find the data and tools to support your decision, make the call, communicate decisions effectively, and lead your organization through the change. He'll also address common problems that arise from these high-profile decisions: cultural differences, quality of information, trust, and accountability, to name a few.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explore methods for communicating more effectively.
- Review decision-making styles to find the best one for you.
- Recognize the right time to declare success.
- Recall how an understanding of inherent biases can help you get the right data.
- Review methods for building trust.
- Explore how to make the right call while assessing risks.