The greatest source of information about what inspires, motivates, and engages your employees is your employees. Learn an approach to using surveys with the people you manage. Don will discuss what questions to ask, the different survey methods, and why he believes they should be mandatory and not anonymous. He then describes what to do with the results.
- For years, employers have asked me…how they can better motivate and engage their employees.…My first response has always been…have you asked your employees that question.…The fact is, the greatest source of information…about what inspires, motivates and engages…your employees is your employees.…One of the best ways to tap into employee engagement is…a survey.…There are a variety of ways to conduct a survey.…
You can use Gallop's Survey Tool,…create your own in an online program like Survey Monkey,…or take a pen and paper approach.…You can even have a direct conversation with each employee.…But most important are the questions you ask.…I like taking a simple approach…where we find out what's going right…and what can go even better.…Rather that focusing on the negative,…ask questions about relevant factors…that affect engagement like how well…they're being managed.…
What career opportunities are available?…Are their ideas being solicited and respected?…Is their compensation fair?…Do they like the work environment?…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Exercising discretionary effort
- Attracting engaged employees
- Assessing the fit of employees
- Making onboarding more engaging
- Learning from new employees
- Provide opportunities for career growth
- Clarifying objectives
- Measuring engagement using surveys
- Being present for employees
- Driving engagement with fun