Discover the role of surprise, the importance of it, and how to develop it in a story. Learn the different roles surprise plays when it's placed at the beginning of a story rather than the end, as well as the techniques to create surprise.
- We all enjoy the surprise ending in a mystery novel…or the unexpected turn of events in our favorite movie,…but there's actually a more important reason…to include something unexpected in your sales stories:…it makes them more effective.…Surprises also keep things interesting…and they play a different role depending on where…in the story you place them.…A surprise at the beginning of your story…gets your audience to pay attention,…but a surprise at the end of the story…serves a different and even more important purpose:…to help your audience remember the lesson…that they learned.…
Let me explain.…Memories don't form instantly in the brain…like a digital photograph, they form over a period of time…shortly after the event happens, more like…old fashioned film photos when they're developed…in a darkroom.…Psychologists call that process memory consolidation…and it turns out certain chemicals like caffeine…can enhance the memory consolidation process.…They make it faster and more effective.…Another chemical that has a similar effect…
- What is a sales story?
- Why tell sales stories?
- The 25 sales stories you need
- How to get buyers to tell their stories
- What makes a great story great?
- Choosing the right story to tell
- Finding great stories
- Story structures
- Challenge, conflict, and resolution
- Delivering stories verbally and in writing
- The ethics of storytelling