Learn how to offer support, such as thanks, compliments, and offers to help to your team when needed.
- An important aspect of being a great team player…is to be supportive towards your colleagues.…Some people find this more natural to do than others.…I must admit, I tend to focus more on the task…than on the other people…and under pressure, I might not do it at all,…but rather than leave it to other people…to support the others in the team,…we should all do it.…So I've been thinking about what it would take…to be the nicest person ever.…What do really great team players do…with respect to their colleagues?…And I think there are three quick wins…that nice people do, and here they are:…Thanking people,…complimenting them,…and offering to help them.…
So let's have a look.…Thanking your colleague…when he or she has done something good.…When were you last thanked?…I ask people this on training courses…and quite often they say, "Not for a few months,"…or even "Never."…It's free, it only takes a moment,…and it's only good manners…and it makes a big difference.…The second one was complimenting people…if they're good at something…
- Identify how to work effectively as a team without management.
- Develop skills for better communication and trust.
- Determine how to handle conflict on a team.
- Assess how to deliver results reliably.
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Importance of Teams
2. What Makes a Great Team?
3. Your Responsibility to Other Team Members
4. Becoming a Better Team Member
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.