- Identify parts of a supply chain.
- List the keys to successful global supply chain management.
- Describe the concept of inventory in supply chain.
- Explain how to choose a supplier.
- Work with SCMs in different industries.
- Describe how to transport and distribute your product.
- Integrate and coordinate the entire supply chain.
- Create ethical and sustainable supply chains.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Why do companies care about supply chain management? Why should you care about supply chain management? You know that food is always at the grocery store. And clothing at the department store. But how did those items get there? And, who's making sure those items are there every single day? This is the job of a supply chain manager. My name is Eddie Davilla, and I've been teaching, writing, and consulting in the field of supply chain management for over ten years. In this course, I want to share with you the fundamentals of supply chain management, from how companies choose and manage suppliers, to how companies turn supplies into things consumers want. And then, we'll see how companies get those finished goods into the hands of the people that want them. Many people think that building a great supply chain is all about cutting costs. It's really about developing supplier relationships, and building reliable business processes that keep customers happy and wanting more.