Your suppliers help you to meet customer expectations. So, clearly, you should be able to recognize and measure quality in your supply network. This video explains why supplier quality is so very important to your success and provides methods to guide your suppliers towards high-quality performance.
- What is quality? … Some people describe quality as I know it when I see it. … But when it comes to delivering … quality products and services to your customer, … I think you'll agree … that you should be more specific than that. … You should recognize and be able to measure … quality in your suppliers. … The most important thing to remember … is that supplier quality should focus on the customer. … Now, to the supplier, you are the customer, … but you need your suppliers to look beyond that. … You need them to also look to your customer. … A really good supplier … is one that meets the end customer's expectations … in areas that are often referred to as critical to quality. … Why should you be concerned about supplier quality? … Here's some things to consider. … For U.S. manufacturing companies today, … more than half of the cost of goods sold … comes from suppliers. … For some companies, it can be close to 100%. … For example, computer companies and car companies … really don't make anything. …
- Explain the purchasing process.
- Define purchase order.
- Describe the intent of a purchasing policy.
- Distinguish types of purchasing structures.
- List the steps of selecting a supplier.
- Identify enablers for success in worldwide sourcing.
- Perform price and cost analysis.
- Measure supply management performance.