This video provides a summary of the course and reviews the key points of the course.
- So, you've got my thoughts on how to get the most…out of your temporary work placement.…I'm really excited for you.…This is a massive opportunity,…and hopefully if you do everything right,…it's gonna be really really really good for your career.…Now, even if this is not the job that you want,…this is absolutely not even the sector…that you want to work in,…I want you to still go out there…and give everything you can to it…because this isn't necessarily about…the people that you're working with or the company,…it's about the people that they know…and then the people that they know.…
It's about always having people…that can recommend you for opportunities.…You know, you'd focus on those relationships,…the opportunities will come.…You know Janet who was in finance…that you had a little bit of a chat with,…her next door neighbor might be the HR manager…of that amazing company that you want to work for,…and then when you have these keep in touch days,…something could really materialize one day.…What happened to me, was when I was 19,…
This course was created by Careercake, the careers content platform. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Recall how to make a good impression on the first day of a temporary job.
- Explain how to most effectively influence coworkers on the first day of a job.
- Recognize how to impress a new manager so that you can gain access to new projects.
- Identify who you should build into your network.
- Name the social media platform best suited for connecting with your network to develop business relationships.