Embrace the reality that engagement begins with you. Write down two things you can do to become more engaged at work, and then commit doing those things. Then, decide on two things you’ll do to help your employees be more engaged. Think about how that increased engagement will lead to an increase in productivity and value to the company.
- By now you should be pumped up do so some engagement work.…Remember, engagement begins with you.…And I challenge you to write down two things…you can do to become more engaged at work,…and then commit to doing them.…Next decide on two things you'll do to help your employees…be more engaged at work…and be sure to think about how that increased engagement…will lead to an increase in productivity.…If you'd like to know more about great HR…and leadership practices, check out my website.…
There you'll find a list of my books…and a link to my free tips of the week newsletter…that will give you some great insights and strategies…and plenty of free tools you can use to improve…your career and company.…And connect with me on LinkedIn.…I like to hear what you're doing…to help make your company more fun…and increase employee engagement.…Listen, I want to encourage you…to be an engagement experimentalist.…Try a variety of things to increase engagement.…
Experiment until you find out what works best…at your company and then experiment again.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Exercising discretionary effort
- Attracting engaged employees
- Assessing the fit of employees
- Making onboarding more engaging
- Learning from new employees
- Provide opportunities for career growth
- Clarifying objectives
- Measuring engagement using surveys
- Being present for employees
- Driving engagement with fun