Embrace the reality that engagement begins with you. Write down two things you can do to become more engaged at work, and then commit doing those things. Then, decide on two things you’ll do to help your employees be more engaged. Think about how that increased engagement will lead to an increase in productivity and value to the company.
- By now you should be pumped up do so some engagement work.…Remember, engagement begins with you.…And I challenge you to write down two things…you can do to become more engaged at work,…and then commit to doing them.…Next decide on two things you'll do to help your employees…be more engaged at work…and be sure to think about how that increased engagement…will lead to an increase in productivity.…If you'd like to know more about great HR…and leadership practices, check out my website.…
There you'll find a list of my books…and a link to my free tips of the week newsletter…that will give you some great insights and strategies…and plenty of free tools you can use to improve…your career and company.…And connect with me on LinkedIn.…I like to hear what you're doing…to help make your company more fun…and increase employee engagement.…Listen, I want to encourage you…to be an engagement experimentalist.…Try a variety of things to increase engagement.…
Experiment until you find out what works best…at your company and then experiment again.…
- Exercising discretionary effort
- Attracting engaged employees
- Assessing the fit of employees
- Making onboarding more engaging
- Learning from new employees
- Provide opportunities for career growth
- Clarifying objectives
- Measuring engagement using surveys
- Being present for employees
- Driving engagement with fun
Skill Level Advanced
Human Resources: Running Company Onboardingwith Jeff Toister42m 49s Intermediate
Creating a Culture of Learningwith Britt Andreatta59m 24s Intermediate
1. Engagement Begins with You
2. The Engaged Employee
3. Turning Engagement into Productivity
4. Engagement Is an Experience
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.