Give it a go. Don't worry if the first time goes badly—it's just chance, so don't get put off. Review and learn after each time. I still don't ever get it 100% right. Be positive about what you did get, rather than dwelling too long on what else you could have gotten if you would have done better. Keep to my Top 10 and you'll be 90% of the way there, saving thousands of dollars at work and at home. And keep in touch via LinkedIn—I love to hear your stories!
- [Chris] So that's the end of the course.…Well done, you finished it.…Now you have to put it into practice,…just give it a go, you'll be amazed how well it works…because the other person will probably have…no idea what's going on, no idea what's…happening to them.…And don't worry if the first one goes badly,…you never know what the other person will do.…You're bound to get some nos, so if by pure bad luck,…your first negotiation attempt comes up against…a brick wall, don't give up on it forever.…
Just write that one off to experience and try another.…Remember, if it works for 50% of the times,…then you've got many more bargains than you would have.…And review and learn after each one,…what could you have said to make it even better?…Did you use round numbers?…Did you move too much from your starting figure?…No worries, just make a mental note…to get it right next time.…I still don't ever get it 100% right,…I'm still learning.…But be positive about what you did get,…rather than dwelling too long on what else…you could have got if you'd done it even better.…
- Why we avoid negotiating
- When you should think about negotiating
- Planning your negotiation
- Calculating your opening offer
- Leveraging different negotiation tactics
- How to trade
- Determining if you should walk away
Skill Level Beginner
Negotiating Your Leadership Successwith Elizabeth Robillard1h 20m Intermediate
1. Decide to Negotiate
2. Planning Your Negotiation
3. Opening Offers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.