This video provides a summary of the course, a course that explains how to protect yourself when presented with an industry contract, the types of contracts you can expect to see, situations where a particular type is used, and red flags to look out for.
- View Offline
- Well, just as in the creative industries,…the practice of law and the drafting of contracts…have become evermore specialized and complicated.…The point?…This is complicated stuff.…Don't try it at home unless you're absolutely sure…you understand every sentence,…of every contract.…What I hope you've gotten out of the course,…is a healthy respect for contract terms and conditions,…but most importantly,…the wisdom to know when to seek the guidance…of a contract attorney.…
I'm Seth Polansky, thank you for watching this course.…
Disclaimer: This course is taught by an attorney and addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. Neither LinkedIn (including Lynda.com) nor the instructor represents you and they are not giving legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is akin to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. The views (and legal interpretations) presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Why do you need a contract?
- Types of contracts
- Asking for an NDA
- Work-for-hire and contractor agreements
- Proposals, quotes, and statements of work
- Licensing agreements
- Delivery and payment terms