Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Summary of JIRA, part of Agile Project Management: Comparing Agile Tools.
- [Doug] This brings us to the end of our tour of JIRA.…As you can probably see, JIRA is an excellent…issue tracking program.…And that's a good and a bad thing.…Because keeping track of issues…isn't the same as helping your team…embrace a more agile mindset.…Like any tool, JIRA can encourage you…to practice things a certain way.…My car encourages me to use less gas…by having a little dial that shows how much I use…every time I press the accelerator.…If you're trying to install a new component in a server,…there can be arrows and points of alignment…to help you install the part correctly.…
And that's where JIRA really runs into some challenges.…It treats user stories and tasks like issues.…And at the very core, these aren't issues.…User stories are like little placeholders…for your team to have a conversation…and tasks are little bits of work…that each individual developer can commit to each day.…In JIRA, everything's just part of the to-do list,…you just throw on the list and then eventually…someone will work it out.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Remembering agile values
- Evaluating different agile tools, including cloud-based options
- Creating a backlog with Excel
- Setting up sprints in JIRA
- Portfolio planning in VersionOne
- Creating tasks in Microsoft's Team Foundation Server
- Running reports with CA Agile Central
- Checking team analytics in CA Agile Central
- Deciding which tool fits your team
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Evaluating Different Tools
2. Microsoft Excel
3. Atlassian: JIRA
5. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
6. CA Agile Central (formerly Rally)
Log into AgilityHealth1m 27s
8. Deciding What to Use
Identify a few tools3m 13s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.