Engagement structure is a key determinant of how much work you'll need to do and how profitable a given engagement will be. You'll need to scope out deliverables, team resources on both your side and the client side, timelines, and methods you'll use to deliver the work. Getting agreement with the client on the engagement structure before work begins will prevent scope creep and missed expectations.
- Engagement structure is a key determinant…of how much work you'll need to do…and how profitable a given engagement will be.…You'll need to scope out deliverables,…team resources on both your side and the client side,…timelines, and the methods you'll use to deliver the work.…Getting agreement with a client on engagement structure…before work begins will prevent scope creep…and missed expectations.…Engagement management has five major phases:…proposal, kickoff, delivery, closure, and archive.…
The proposal has a project charter…with three key components.…A statement of work with background, scope,…approach, and assumptions.…The SOW specifies the deliverables…that'll be provided to the client.…It'll have a high-level project schedule.…And it'll highlight project resources…and their general assignments.…These components describe…how you'll manage and deliver the project.…Kickoff is about information gathering and dissemination,…as well as planning information gathering activities.…
You'll submit data requests…and collect client-specific or project-specific tools.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify types of consulting business models.
- Describe revenue models.
- Explain how to estimate and manage costs.
- Price services using pricing strategies.
- Explain how to negotiate deals with clients.
- List effects of responding to RFPs.
- Identify the phases of constructing a consulting engagement.
- Present findings and implement recommendations.
- Describe different ways to manage legal issues.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.