In this video, learn the steps to implement a sourcing strategy that will attract the right caliber of talent for your hiring authorities to hire from.
- Wouldn't it be great if you could look into a crystal ball, and predict exactly where and how to source the best talent? Just imagine the benefit of trying new techniques and strategies your competitors have not even considered. Technology is going to continue to change the way you will target the best candidates in order to take advantage of future trends. Trend number one is you need to conduct market research. Market research is going to eventually allow you to understand your prospects and your candidates.
You can't effectively find or sell to your prospects until you fully understand how they search for a job, where they go to find information on opportunities, what factors excite them about a company or a job. The sales and customer service departments and their employees have been successfully using market research for years. These exact same practices will enhance sourcing and recruiting efforts in the future for both experienced candidates as well as recent college grads.
Trend number two is you need to map future talent pipelines. Sourcing and recruiting will change from the current approach of filling vacant opportunities with a more proactive sourcing plan to build a talent pool for more of a talent pipeline approach. Trend number three is hiring for a project versus a specific opportunity. With the challenge of identifying and retaining top talent, individuals may actually be sourced, recruited, and hired to complete a specific project.
When that project is completed, they will be assigned to another project based on their talent, their experience, their skills, and career goals. Trend number four is you need to find prospects online, because that will become a key sourcing tool. Prospects are posting examples, they're posting pictures, videos, or portfolios of their actual work online. Finding talented individuals, passive candidates, who might not be actively looking for a job will become a primary way for you to source prospects.
In addition, evaluating their work will prove to be an accurate way for you to assess their talent. Trend number five is hiring candidates without degrees or standard credentials. Many startups have had great success with hiring individuals regardless of degrees. As a result, this approach will become more common throughout the workplace as metrics demonstrate a similar high success rate.
Other companies are going to pay employees to obtain training or credentials, and will develop training centers to ensure the career development of their employees. Trend number six is personalized recruiting. Many companies will create a much more personalized approach to sourcing and recruiting to improve the overall candidate experience. If your company embraces any of these trends early, there is a definite competitive advantage that will help you source the best talent.
- Talent sourcing vs. recruiting
- Sourcing objectives and strategies
- Searching and crowdsourcing
- Using LinkedIn Recruiter
- Using social media
- Evaluating paid sourcing
- Best practices for talent sourcing