Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Define the principles of strategic planning.
- Identify forces used to assess the market.
- Explain how to conduct a SWOT analysis.
- Articulate how to establish guiding principles and set goals.
- Explain what strategic filters are used for.
- Describe the steps of a strategic planning process.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Are you operating in an increasingly competitive market? Do you feel like you're spending a lot of time and effort but you're just not making progress against the initiatives that are meaningful? I'm Mike Figliuolo, and I'd like to share with you a strategic planning method that can help you with those issues. This is the same method that's used by the global elite consulting firms. Fortune 1000 corporations use this very same method and I personally use it with clients of mine.
I'm going to cover how you set a destination and articulate a vision and a mission for where you want your organization to be. I'll cover how you can focus and prioritize your efforts on the highest value initiatives that are going to drive your goals. And I'll cover how you can allocate resources appropriately to make sure those initiatives make the progress that you're looking for. So let's get started with Strategic Planning Fundamentals.
1. Before You Begin Planning
2. Defining the Strategic Environment
3. Setting Your Strategic Direction
4. Determining How You'll Compete
5. Evaluating and Prioritizing Opportunities
6. Assessing Your Initiative Portfolio
Using a 2x2 matrix2m 56s
7. Organizing for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.