The member will learn the sequence of steps in the Improve phase
- [Voiceover] We've reached the fourth phase…in Six Sigma project,…the improve phase.…What is the purpose of the improve phase?…Well, at a high level,…the purpose of the improve phase is to address…the proven key Xs,…and come up with solutions to improve the Y.…What does this mean?…Throughout this course,…we have been using the example of a pizza chain…with customer complaints about crust.…Let's say the proven causes,…or key Xs are oven temperature,…baking time, and tossing technique.…
So, in the example,…the question to be answered is,…what is the best combination of solutions for temperature,…baking time, and tossing technique?…The sequence of steps in the improve phase…are as follows:…Generate potential solutions to address proven key Xs,…evaluate solution alternatives,…select the right set of solutions and implement.…However, before implementing the solutions,…you must apply these tools and techniques.…Process maps of improved process.…
FMEA, or failure modes and effects analysis,…used for identifying and mitigating any potential risk…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is Six Sigma?
- Understanding key concepts such as Y = f(x) and sigma level
- Selecting Six Sigma projects and team members
- Planning in the Define phase
- Gathering data in the Measure phase
- Analyzing data in the Analyze phase
- Selecting and evaluating solutions in the Improve phase
- Developing a control plan in the Control phase
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Six Sigma
2. Key Concepts in Six Sigma
3. Selection of Six Sigma Projects
4. Define Phase
5. Measure Phase
6. Analyze Phase
7. Improve Phase
8. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.