In this tutorial, Dr. Richard Chua introduces Six Sigma, a project methodology for improvement.
- The first phase of a six sigma project…is the define phase.…Let's start with a couple of questions…that may be on your mind.…Why even have the define phase?…What does it accomplish?…As the name implies this phase defines the project,…what the project's all about,…what it has to accomplish by when and by whom.…The first step is to define the problem and goal statements.…What specific problem or improvement…opportunity is the project addressing?…What is the goal of this project?…In other words, what measurable performance outcome…or target must the project accomplish, and by when?…It defines the Y, as in what is the Y…in Y is a function of X.…
Where Y is the performance measure to be improved.…The second step is to develop the project charter.…The project charter is a document…that describes the project.…It includes problem and goal statements, project scope,…expected operational and financial impact,…names of the project team…and other key players, and milestones.…The project charter serves as an internal contract…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is Six Sigma?
- Understanding key concepts such as Y = f(x) and sigma level
- Selecting Six Sigma projects and team members
- Planning in the Define phase
- Gathering data in the Measure phase
- Analyzing data in the Analyze phase
- Selecting and evaluating solutions in the Improve phase
- Developing a control plan in the Control phase
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Six Sigma
2. Key Concepts in Six Sigma
3. Selection of Six Sigma Projects
4. Define Phase
5. Measure Phase
6. Analyze Phase
7. Improve Phase
8. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.