Agile, team-based, and empowered employees coupled with strong digital platforms enable a new way to work that is faster, more efficient, and fulfilling. Examine how digital can speed culture change, especially spreading new beliefs, stories, and rituals.
- As you know, we live in a hyper competitive,…fast moving world,…and our organizations are always asking us to do more,…better, faster, just everything more.…Feeling stressed out about that already?…I know I am.…So how do we think about this as HR?…How do we get more out of our organization?…How do we speed things up?…And in particular, how do we get culture to change faster?…And I think digital, and in particular,…one way of thinking about agile…as an important way to approach this problem.…
Now agile is kind of a buzzword right now,…but I want to break it down to two components.…The first component is that work is broken down…into much smaller pieces…that you can really see the impact on.…We've all been asked to go onto some sort of project…and somebody will come up and say,…hey, I need you to work on a project…for the next six to nine months.…And your eyes are just rolling to the back of your head…going, no, please, no more weekly check-ins…and at the end nothing really gets down.…
In agile what happens is we have a really clear objective,…
- Recognize why today’s employees choose to work for an organization.
- Recall the importance of separating feedback from compensation decisions.
- Explain how HR should view the process of digital transformation.
- Identify how beliefs are translated into everyday actions.
- Name the lifeblood of HR.