The course then focuses on improving comprehension by understanding how memory works, practicing the "read and recall" method, and breaking down technical terms. The final chapter introduces some advanced tips and strategies for reading different types of media: news and magazine articles, textbooks, technical material, and ebooks.
- Measuring your reading speed
- Reading faster on the computer
- Reading groups of words
- Previewing and overviewing
- Improving comprehension and retention
- Understanding the 80/20 principle of reading
- Reading magazines, textbooks, diagrams, and ebooks
Skill Level Beginner
- I'll be your instructor or this course. I've bee teaching speed reading techniques to students and professionals around the world. And in this course, we're going to help you improve your reading speed. Whether you're reading or school, work, or for fun, reading underlies so much of our lives. Imagine what you could do if you were able to double your reading speed. How much time would it free up in your busy schedule? How much more could you learn? How much better would your grades be? If you're overwhelmed by the amount of information out there, then this course is for you. If you're hungry for knowledge, this course is for you.
And if you just plain love reading, then this course is definitely for you. The goal of this course is to improve your reading speed. But it will also focus strongly on improving your comprehension and retention. These are three important areas we need to master. Let's go ahead and get started with speed reading fundamentals.