Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Sources of employee performance ratings, part of Performance Review Foundations.
…The backbone of any appraisal process, is the collection…and evaluation of performance data about the employee in question.…Your goal for any measure you use, is…to ensure they are reliable, valid and relevant.…Reliability means they're consistent predictors.…Valid means they measure what they say they measure.…And relevant means that what was measured…was clearly related to performance in the job.…Now, before we get started don't forget that it's very important to have a well…trained expert help you select and approve the…measures, you'll use for the employee appraisal process.…
This not only ensures a more productive system, but it also helps cover you…later if you ever, unfortunately, find yourself…needing to defend your choices in court.…Okay, there are three main types of things that you might want to measure.…Traits, behaviors and outcomes. Let's start with traits.…Here, we're generally referring to aspects of one's personality or attitudes.…The questions here is whether or not we can measure personality traits…
- Describe why performance reviews are important.
- Explain why a manager might use informal feedback.
- Recognize when it’s important to have a witness present during an evaluation.
- Cite the benefits of performance improvement plans.
- Identify the primary goal of managing performance throughout the year.
- Describe when it’s time to discuss possible role changes for an employee.
- Explain the 360 review process.
- Cite ways to set expectations for a performance review meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing Employee Performance Problems (2013)with Todd Dewett1h 53m Intermediate
1. Overview of Performance Management
2. Setting Goals with Employees
3. Gathering Feedback on Performance
4. Writing the Review
5. Delivering the Review
6. Taking Next Steps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.