Even with all the best intentions and preparation, things can still go wrong during your workshop. Learn about common unexpected problems and strategies to use so you can handle anything.
- Even with all the best intentions and preparation,…things can still go wrong during your workshop.…Trust me, I have experienced some doozies.…Let's look at common unexpected problems…and give you strategies to use…so you can handle anything.…Generally, problems fall into two categories,…errors in preparation…and unexpected disasters that affect the event.…For both of them, the first rule of thumb…is to remain calm and confident,…no matter what is happening.…I do an exercise before I leave for the event,…getting myself centered and grounded,…and reminding myself…that I am the keeper of this group's experience.…
So no matter what, I will be a pillar of calmness…and confidence while I am in charge.…This helps me maintain a neutral face…when the unexpected happens…because the participants will be looking at how we react.…If we seem anxious or frustrated or grumpy,…it will impact their experience.…And often, I can get it solved…before they even really know something is amiss.…So let's look at problems in preparation.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Facilitating adult learners
- Best practices in workshop design
- Understanding your participants
- Designing the right activities
- Preparing the logistics
- Facilitating the workshop
- Keeping things on track
- Increasing participation and collaboration
- Solving unexpected problems
- Dealing with challenging dynamics
- Creating closure