- Explore strategies for defining your business problem.
- Recall how to keep a problem well defined using logic maps.
- Recognize how to use a 2x2 matrix to prioritize solutions.
- Review the meaning of assertions and how they related to recommended actions.
- Identify the most common problem-solving pitfalls.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Do you have a business problem? One that's really frustrating? Really challenging and confusing? Maybe you're pulling your hair out, because you know it's such a big deal and you just can't make progress on it? In this course, I'll show you a five-step problem solving process that's really straightforward and really simple. This process works. It's the same process that's used by major consulting firms around the world. I've personally used this process at multi-billion dollar corporations to solve some of the most challenging problems that I've run up against, and when I'm disciplined about it and rigorous about following the five steps, I've always gotten to a clear, concise, and compelling recommendation. So, let's get started.