Leadership and revenue growth expert Scott Edinger explains what selling a solution really means and why it is vital when selling large deals or sophisticated products and services. He shows how to develop the solution-selling mindset, cultivate peer-level relationships with customers, identify real objectives, and create value. By understanding how to implement the solution-selling methodology, you can create natural and pressure-less sales interactions that accelerate revenue growth and improve customer loyalty.
- The solution-selling mindset
- Developing a buyer focus
- Creating value in the sales process
- Identifying needs, opportunities, and problems
- Leading the conversation
- Addressing concerns
- Moving forward with joint commitments
- Planning for success
Skill Level Intermediate
- I was sitting across from the Vice President of Sales, trying to get my first sales job, when he said to me, "You know, Scott, everything in our sales aptitude test "is telling me that you are never "going to make it in sales. "It says that you won't press for the close, "that you'll focus too much on the client relationship "and that you won't push for business. "I just can't hire you." And his data was absolutely right, but his conclusion was absolutely wrong. Hi. I'm Scott Edinger.
I help leaders drive revenue growth. And when he told me that, I was devastated. The idea of pressuring someone to buy and closing hard was completely unappealing to me. I wanted to help clients achieve their objectives and solve problems. I was interested in offering clients solutions. A Solution Selling is built on the assumption that whenever someone buys a product or a service, they make that purchase for a reason. It's not about your products or services. They're trying to improve a condition of some kind.
In this course, we'll talk about developing the Solution Selling Mindset and how to create peer-level relationships so that you don't yield all the power to your buyer. We'll also discuss how to identify your client's real objectives and create value in the sales process. And I'll share with you how to close a deal in a way that's logical, natural, and pressureless. Now while I was devastated that I didn't get the job, I did get another sales job, and three years later, I was one of my company's top sales professionals, because I adopted the Solution Selling approach, and that's what I want to share with you.
Let's get started.