Join Paul Nowak for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Create your to-do list, part of Note-Taking for Business Professionals.
- So how did you do on your challenge?…Were you able to create your own to-do list?…Here's my solution to the challenge exercise.…First, I'm going to delete these tasks here…because I want to start with a fresh to-do list.…Organize it my own way.…I'm going to organize my to-do list into two parts.…Things that I have to do for work…and personal things.…Under the work area,…I'm going to add finish recording course,…which is what I'm doing right now.…Next, I'm going to add a task to finalize my travel plans…for the next couple months.…
And of course this task has a number…of sub-tasks associated with it.…Such as booking flights, hotels, and rental cars.…So I'm going to add those as well.…Next I'm going to add a project…that's been in the works for a number of months.…My company has been finishing a new website…and there's still some loose ends…that we need to tie up before launching.…I'm going to add the task finish new website…and I'll add some sub-tasks like,…hosting, import users,…test all links,…check pages for typos,…
Author Paul Nowak also explores techniques for taking notes more quickly, including capturing ideas rather than sentences, improving typing speed, and using simple shorthand. The course also offers a number of note-taking templates to help prepare for project planning, SWOT meetings, timelines, business travel, and more.
- Exploring the keys to active listening
- Focusing on the ideas
- Capturing an action plan
- Taking notes while reading
- Creating to-do lists, project plans, and meeting notes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Effective Note-Taking Strategies
2. Taking Note of What You Read
3. Note-Taking Templates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.