Bert Verdonck walks through the social recruiting journey. Follow him through the five steps that you should be incorporating into your process today, and where you should start first.
- Every journey begins with the first step.…You've probably heard this proverb,…in one form or another before.…Same with your social journey,…it requires a first step.…So, what is that first step?…Step one is awareness.…You might be over the moon about this journey,…but that doesn't mean your colleagues,…and especially your senior leadership team,…are even aware of it.…The key to this step is to obtain buy-in…from your leaders to execute social recruiting…within your organization.…When I say buy-in,…that not only mean goals, budget, but also, active support.…
Why is that important?…Because everyone is involved in social recruiting.…Remember, job seekers do their research on you,…your bosses, and your organization, before applying.…So, plan an awareness session with management,…and a second one for everyone in your organization…to announce your social recruiting journey.…Make sure, you address any fears, or concerns,…and encourage your more socially comfortable colleagues,…to help others on their social journey.…
- Identify the stakeholders that should be involved when moving your recruiting process into social recruiting.
- Recognize the advantages of using LinkedIn to recruit job seekers.
- Summarize the steps taken to start social recruiting.
- Explain the importance of promoting your company brand in your social recruiting strategy.
- Recall the key element you should always keep in mind when creating content for your social platforms.
- Identify strategies for optimizing your time spent posting content to social media platforms.