Whether you're sitting at a table or standing on a stage you need to project confidence when presenting. In this video, Tatiana Kolovou gives you tips on using posture and movement to help you shine.
- Own your space. … What do I mean by that? … I mean look like you've been there before, … use the space like you've been in front of the group … a 100 Other times. … And if you're sitting in a conference table, … instead of standing, pick the middle of the table, … not the head. … The minimum exudes confidence … and from a practical standpoint gives you better eye-contact … use of space has to do with both posture and movement. … Let's look at posture first. … Standing strong and confident yet relaxed … and comfortable is a speaker's best secret. … When you speak stand tall with your shoulders relaxed, … chest lifted, and your center of gravity holding strong. … These tips are equally important … whether you're standing in front of an audience … or sitting at a conference table. … Always keep your shoulders square towards the audience. … So you can be heart to heart with them, … even if the group is large enough … for you to have to rotate around. … I encourage you to stand tall and navigate with your eyes …
- Explore how to evaluate your audience's knowledge level.
- Define audience value.
- Recall how a 'forest vs. tree' analogy compares to the audience interview and presentation design.
- Recognize what logical appeal means in a presentation setting.
- Define emotional appeal in a presentation setting.