Apply credibility skills and techniques to a small room scenario. Find out how a polished speaker handles a small, informal, and rowdy room after she's been thrown a few surprises about her host and her planned introduction.
- Let's walk through a case study…of how to develop credibility in a small room.…A woman named Taylor has been invited to present…to a group of tech professionals…at a company lunch and learn.…Her host Keith wants her to talk to his team…about her experience as a tech blogger.…Now Keith was supposed to introduce Taylor…but seconds before she arrived she received a text from him.…Keith wrote to say he can't make it…instead he told Taylor just start without me.…Taylor walks into the room and it's chaos.…
She sees a rowdy bunch seated around the conference table.…They're dressed casually mostly in jeans and T-shirts.…She sees empty pizza boxes and paper plates on the table,…everyone's laughing and talking loudly.…Now Taylor knew it was an informal gathering…of work colleagues…so she knew to dress casually too,…however she'd expected to be introduced…and she'd also expected to eat with the group…so she could get to know them over lunch…but from the look of the empty pizza boxes and dirty plates…she now knows that's out of the question.…
- Explain the benefits of making eye contact.
- Identify how to earn credibility with your audience.
- List ways to introduce yourself to an audience.
- Define "reading the room".
- Use body language effectively.
- Describe how to handle difficult audiences.