Learn how to manage project communication within your business and share with clients with PB Works and Basecamp. Share task lists and progress with colleagues through shared lists such as ToDoist and Remember the Milk. Set up event communication and track RSVPs with event programs such as Doodle, EventBrite and SignUpGenius.
- [Voiceover] Whether your business hosts events…or manages multiple projects, organizing and communicating…on several tasks with multiple people can be a nightmare.…The right tools can keep your projects…on task and everyone in the loop.…I won't go into the very expensive,…customized, or large-scale project…and event management solutions in this course.…Instead, I'll be focusing on the solutions…that are better suited for a small…to medium sized business with general needs.…Some key features to look for in a management solution are,…privacy.…
Make sure it's a closed system,…allowing only those you invite to view it.…File sharing.…The ability to store and share files within the system…for all participants to access.…Delegation.…Assign tasks, view updates and completions.…Discussions.…Forums where the participants can post discussions…and comments on project-related topics.…Notifications.…Receive an update when a task or item…you are linked to is updated or completed.…
And scheduling,…maintain a group schedule to view…
She discusses ways to simplify communication with autoresponders and response templates, and manage event and project communications, customer service, social media, and email marketing endeavors.
The course then explores outsourcing and delegation—including criteria for determining what can and should be outsourced. Finally, Suzanna explores top apps for simplifying and automating aspects of a business, including transcription and paper management.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Integrating business software for data efficiency
- Improving data analysis
- Simplifying communication with templates
- Automating customer service, social media, and email marketing
- Delegating and outsourcing tasks
- Finding the best software and apps to increase productivity