Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Signaling fairness and integrity, part of New Manager Foundations.
In a professional context, integrity is the quality of having and using, clear…and meaningful ethical standards.…Being fair at work is one general way to demonstrate your integrity.…However, it is important to be very clear about what we mean by the word fair.…Being fair refers to equal opportunity, not equal distribution of outcomes and resources.…Stated differently, being fair means you treat people the same by creating a…positive and transparent workplace, but you also treat them differently based on…their performance and their needs.…
Integrity and fairness matter, because they impact trust;…one of the key qualities present in higher performing teams is trust.…It's one of the intangible assets that helps move a team past mere compliance…towards deep commitment, commitment to each other and to the work.…Because trust is so important, always remember these two things.…First, trust takes a lot of time to build, but can be lost in an instant.…Protect it, like the important asset it is.…Second, actions speak louder than words.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Clarifying performance expectations
- Feeding your learning curve
- Building rapport with your team
- Explaining your decision-making style
- Increasing your authenticity
- Communicating proactively
- Knowing when to have a meeting and who should attend
- Coping successfully with your transition<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.