With multiple people involved in the hiring process and changing priorities, it’s challenging to get everyone on the same page—but it’s essential to hiring the right person. Learn the benefits of sharing your written specs with everyone in the interview process to obtain updates, change, and feedback.
- Have you ever worked on an open job requisition,…only to have the specs constantly change…by the individuals involved in the hiring process?…This not only causes delays in filling the open requisition,…it's frustrating for the recruiting team,…and the hiring manager who's anxious to fill the job.…With multiple people involved…in the hiring process, and changing priorities,…it's challenging to get everyone on the same page,…but it's essential to hiring the right person.…
I'd like to share some ideas on how to get consensus.…It all begins with the requisition.…We've all recruited candidates who do very well…in their first, second, and third interviews,…only to be screened out by the person…who would be their direct report.…When you ask for feedback,…you're told the candidate wasn't a fit,…which doesn't help you fine-tune your search efforts.…Obviously these additional specs were not included…on the requistion you used for your recruiting efforts.…
When you receive a requisition, ask the hiring authority…if they've taken time to update the requisition.…
- Define minimum requirements for each position.
- Identify unique selling points to peak the interest of potential employees.
- Determine the number of candidates being considered for a position when you accept a requisition.
- Explain a helpful strategy for determining the best hiring targets.
- Recall a strategy that will help you book all of the candidates you present to hiring managers.