Many companies today have human resource information systems that allow the employee handbook to be uploaded and shared online. Learn about other ways to use technology to share handbooks.
- Since the beginning of employee handbook time,…the handbook document has been printed.…Either an individual copy was provided to each new employee,…or one remained in the department office…or human resource office for review.…Today, we can make employee handbooks available online…and there are numerous advantages to doing so.…Number one, as mentioned earlier in the course,…you can bring it to life…by adding graphics to your heart's delight, even video, too.…
Want a way to engage your millennials?…Well, here's your chance.…Second, there are zero printing costs,…minimal hosting costs, and you kill fewer trees this way.…The estimate I read said it takes…anywhere from 6% to 10% of a tree…to produce just one ream of paper.…So, providing your employee handbook online…is environmentally conscious.…Third, you can make use of digital signature capabilities.…No more losing the employee handbook acknowledgement,…which I might add is a real problem…I encountered a number of times…during my litigation days.…
When needed the most,…
- Recognize the company who had a major impact on the new wave of culture-first employee handbooks.
- Describe the characteristics of “at-will employment.”
- Identify the effect of the Faragher rule.
- Recall how many employees a company must have in order fall under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Determine a plan of action for a presentation when more than 10% of the employees speak a particular foreign language.