Learn about how email language, phone etiquette, eye contact, questioning skills, and business acumen are five places in the sales process where your sales skills can set you apart.
- If you want to set yourself apart as a seller,…your sales skills are one of the best places you can do it.…Let's look at how customers experience most sales people.…Now, we've interviewed thousands of customers…and here's what they told us.…Most sales people talk only about themselves,…and they do it endlessly.…Most sales people don't understand the customer's business.…And number three, and this is really tactical,…customers complain that sales people send way too many…emails and they are way too long.…
So, if you want to stand out,…you need to do the opposite of that.…Here's a few tips.…First of all, don't start your interactions…with a lengthy description of your offering.…Instead, focus on the customer.…Now, your questioning skills are an area…where you can dramatically pull ahead of your competition.…Because most sales people, if they ask any questions,…they tend to ask very basic, level one questions.…Questions like, "Tell me about some of…the challenges you're having."…Or the proverbial, and completely overused,…
- How can you differentiate your organization?
- Setting yourself apart
- Differentiating your language
- Adding value before collecting revenue
- Differentiating during the sales process
- Unpacking the buyer's journey
- Differentiating in the first meeting
- Talking about the competition
- Customizing your deck
- Differentiating your written proposal
- Asking for the business
- Differentiating inside your organization