Feel like a team, at the office and at home. Learn how to use meals, communication, and fun to set up the right environment for teamwork.
- Before a team can work well together,…even if it's got the perfect mix of people,…it needs one more thing…which is to have the right physical environment…where we can feel like a team.…As well as having a shared vision,…to be able to become a really good team,…we need to sit together…and ideally even eat together.…And we need to meet regularly…both in team meetings at work and ideally socially.…So the physical environment is important.…
Are there communal areas…and times when people are allowed or encouraged to go there?…Are there enough meetings but not too many?…And are they well-run?…Are there any fun things…which make people talk to each other…and get to know each other to open up…and show the real them?…This environment stuff is really…the job of the boss to set up…but any team member can suggest activities…that will this to happen,…like games, competitions,…trips to places,…celebrations of anything from birthdays…and births of colleagues' babies to…big orders received and projects being completed.…
One place I visited recently has a thought of the day…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Getting the job done
- Dividing up the work
- Cultivating communication
- Handling conflict
- Delivering reliably
- Playing more than one role
- Using your strengths and dealing with your weaknesses
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
1. The Importance of Teams
2. What Makes a Great Team?
3. Your Responsibility to Other Team Members
4. Becoming a Better Team Member
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.