Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up contracts, part of Project Management Foundations: Procurement.
- I really like to fish.…It's relaxing,…gives me a chance to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors…and on rare occasion I actually enhance…the dinner menu with my efforts.…There are two parts to the fishing experience however.…The catching and the care and cleaning.…I know quite a few people that like the catching…but avoid the care and cleaning of fish that are caught.…The world of contracts is a lot like that.…The fishing for contracts is the…procurement negotiation process.…
The care and cleaning is what you need to do…on an ongoing basis to be sure…the fish you catch nourish your project.…You'll need to effectively and efficiently…manage the seller and the contract to do this.…Before you start, you need to be familiar with the contract.…It's impossible to manage the seller effectively…if you don't understand the nuances of the contract,…specifically the scope, service levels,…deliverables and financials.…First, let's talk about managing Scope.…
You'll need a documented and agreed…change-management process established…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Define project procurement.
- Distinguish when to use vendors and partners.
- Compare and contrast building versus buying.
- Identify different types of contracts.
- List types of payment approaches.
- Test your market.
- Build and use a request for information (RFI).