Join Drew Boyd for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting goals, part of Marketing Foundations.
- Marketing is about changing customers' beliefs…so they prefer your products and services…versus the competition.…Ultimately, though, we're working towards…a financial or other result to support your business.…The final step of the strategy phase then is to set goals.…Setting goals helps you in two important ways.…First, goals help you decide how much…marketing resource you'll need…to devote to your tactical programs.…The more aggressive goal you set,…the more resources you'll need.…
And second, goals help you measure…your progress during the marketing campaign,…to see if you need to make adjustments.…Later in the course, I'll show you how to set up…key performance indicators or KPIs…and how they connect to the goals you set here.…A marketing goal can be anything that's relevant…to the success of the business.…Most companies set a sales revenue goal,…but it doesn't have to be dollars of revenue.…You could set goals for number of units sold…or perhaps market share…or even number of new clients acquired.…
If your cross-functional team…
You'll also learn to address tactical challenges and present the plan to get buy-in throughout an organization, from the C-suite to the sales team, as well as use the marketing plan to guide outside agencies and vendors. Finally, you'll learn how to launch the campaign and measure its performance.
- Marketing in an organization
- Assembling the team
- Creating the marketing plan
- Analyzing your products, customers, and market
- Segmenting customers
- Creating a value proposition
- Developing a strategy
- Setting goals
- Setting prices
- Using social media
- Presenting your plan to leadership
- Budgeting your plan
- Measuring success
Skill Level Beginner
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
Understanding Marketing's Role
Analyzing Your Business
Developing Your Strategy
Developing the Tactical Phase
Aligning the Organization
Launching and Measuring Your Plan
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.