Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up the workspace in Rally, part of Agile Project Management: Comparing Agile Tools.
- [Instructor] In this video we're going to go through…how you set up your Rally software.…Now, when you open it up…to this welcome to CA Agile Central page,…you'll see that there's three big icons here.…There's this find your workspace…next to the little people here,…then the middle you have this calendar icon…and underneath it there's the timeboxes,…and then on the right here you have the book…which kind of shows you how to manage your workflow…and how that work is going to go through the teams.…Then these are just kind of the three big areas…which they have you organize right from the get go.…
So when you hit this let's go button,…it asks a little bit about yourself.…They want to know who you are,…who's going to be the user of this software.…And then they're going to organize…the way your workspace looks…depending on what you actually do.…And so you'll see that there's these three groups here.…At the top, next to this little person with the glasses,…you have the I focus on the actual work…which is developers, testers, tech writers.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Remembering agile values
- Evaluating different agile tools, including cloud-based options
- Creating a backlog with Excel
- Setting up sprints in JIRA
- Portfolio planning in VersionOne
- Creating tasks in Microsoft's Team Foundation Server
- Running reports with CA Agile Central
- Checking team analytics in CA Agile Central
- Deciding which tool fits your team
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Evaluating Different Tools
2. Microsoft Excel
3. Atlassian: JIRA
5. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
6. CA Agile Central (formerly Rally)
Log into AgilityHealth1m 27s
8. Deciding What to Use
Identify a few tools3m 13s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.