Need to get your whole organization to support your project? Learn how to host a visioning session to bring everyone with you.
- Every product for sale today, anywhere,…started as an idea.…That idea then evolved into a vision…that an organization got behind.…The same is true for projects.…They all started as an idea, then a vision,…and finally, people organized behind that vision,…determined to make it a success.…One of the key functions of the product owner,…is to evolve an idea into a vision.…Now, it's unlikely they'll be able to do this on their own,…so let's talk about how to partner with others…to create a project vision.…
An effective way to engage others in helping…to find the vision, is to include them when setting it.…When you hold a visioning session, your PO will need…to invite the executive sponsor, all the key stakeholders,…and everyone on the team.…If the team hasn't formed yet, that's okay.…You can catch them up once they're identified.…For this meeting, encourage your PO to include stakeholders…from other areas of the company.…For example, be sure to include representatives from IT,…customer service, and sales, even if they're…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Adding finesse to your scrum
- The product owner and scrum master roles
- The relationship between the product owner and scrum master
- Product owner as business representative
- Product owner as a team's business guide
- Scrum master as team advocate
- The forming and storming stages of team development
- Taking a team from norming to performing
- Scrum master as team guardian