- Identifying key social media platforms
- Communicating with customers in your brand's voice
- Listening and responding to customers on social media
- Listening to customer feedback on review sites
- Making self-service easy for customers
Skill Level Intermediate
- Welcome to How to Serve Customers Via Social Media. My name is Jeff Toister. I'm an author, consultant, and trainer who helps customer service teams unlock their hidden potential. With more and more customers turning to social media for service each day, it's essential that you have the skills to serve them. The Merriam Webster Dictionary defines social media as forms of electronic communication through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content.
When you think of social media, popular sites like Facebook and Twitter probably come to mind. But social media also includes online review sites, such as Yelp and TripAdvisor, along with internal self-service communities that companies host on their own websites. This course will provide a broad spectrum of tips and techniques for serving customers via many types of social media channels. We'll start with essential skills for serving customers via popular social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
Next, I'll show you how to respond to customers via online review sites, like Yelp and TripAdvisor. Finally, we'll focus on what you can do to help customers help themselves via self-service websites. We've got a lot to cover, so let's get started.