Some consultants are afraid that suggesting an additional consulting project would indicate failure of the initial project. Nothing could be further from the truth. In this video, learn how to expand your breadth and get a second project after your first engagement.
- One of the things I love about consulting…is that you get to work with lots of different people,…in lots of different spaces.…But when you're moving from project to project,…it's easy to forget about the opportunity…for repeat business.…Now there are three great times to ask for repeat business.…The first is when a project is completed.…Now a lot of consultants shy away from bringing up…other areas in need of improvement…because they're afraid they'll look bad,…that they didn't solve every problem.…
But something tells me it wasn't in your scope…to fix every single issue inside of the business.…The most tactful way to generate repeat business…during a project wrap is to present a few recommendations.…Present these after you report your success,…and keep your list strategic.…This isn't you rattling off…every single problem you noticed.…For example, if you worked to improve…business development outreach emails,…maybe you also noticed an opportunity…for better phone scripts.…
The next opportunity to sell your next deal is when you know…
- Determine the best self-positioning statement for you.
- Explain how to establish the value.
- Describe how to hold a kickoff meeting.
- Summarize the importance of a wrap meeting.
- Explain how to navigate changing relationships.
- Recognize the value of an internal referral.