Join Cindy Mayer for an in-depth discussion in this video Seeking legal counsel, part of Hiring Your Team.
This course is designed to be a guide for managers on how to find the most …qualified person for an open role. While the course was written primarily …for US based audiences, the information provided on determining your needs, …building your selection processes, and effective interviewing can be used by …individuals in any country. It's important to recognize that each …country and region may have specific laws or requirements related to hiring that …need to be adhered to. In the US, federal agencies such as the …Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Office of …Federal Contract Compliance Programs, as well as state and local governments all …have clear requirements that must be followed throughout the hiring process.…
I recommend that before implementing any selection process you have a good …understanding of your specific governing bodies requirements and perhaps seek …legal counsel to ensure that you're providing a fair process for all applicants. …
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing your needs
- Screening resumes
- Choosing your interview setting
- Understanding the types of interview questions
- Following legal guidelines
- Understanding interview bias
- Conducting an effective interview
- Dealing with interview challenges
- Conducting background checks
- Determining the offer package
- Writing a compelling offer letter<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.