Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the scrum approach to project success
- Solving project problems with scrum
- Establishing your scrum team
- Setting the vision for your project
- Writing user stories
- Setting boundaries for success
- Getting stories done in scrum
- Assessing the team
Skill Level Beginner
- Agile project management has taken the business world by storm for the better part of the last two decades. And most recently, scrum is dominating the landscape. It may sound mysterious but at it's root scrum is a set of simple processes and practices that can help you harness the speed of change. Hi, I'm Kelley O'Connell and I've been in project management for more than 20 years. I spent the first half of my career executing waterfall style projects.
But more recently, I've been practicing and coaching agile, specifically scrum. In this course, we'll explore the basics of what scrum really is and how you can use it in your work environment. First, we'll talk about why so many organizations are moving to scrum. Then we'll look at how scrum asks you to organize your work and your team. Finally, we'll discuss how to manage and measure your work on a continual basis. My hope is that by the end of this course you'll be well on your way to understanding how scrum has helped many companies and how you can take advantage of it, too.
So, let's get started.