Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Scheduling, part of Operations Management Fundamentals.
- In the chaotic fast-paced world of business,…scheduling is vital.…Without good scheduling your company is likely…wasting employee time,…poorly utilizing equipment,…allowing certain materials to go to waste,…and potentially missing opportunities…to satisfy more customers.…These are all things that would…drive any executive crazy.…As a result, companies make scheduling…at every level a priority.…Companies will create Capacity plans…for the next few years.…This would include getting new facilities…or adding additional equipment.…
Manufacturing companies might…create Aggregate plans that…will cover the next few months.…They'll try and figure out…how to fill large orders…and in the process,…fully utilize their facilities and their employees.…Some companies will create Production plans…for only the next few weeks.…And then there is the short term scheduling…that takes place every week…and in some cases everyday.…When trying to schedule the order in which…a number of jobs will be completed,…companies may take into account…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.