Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Scheduling the meeting, part of Leading Productive Meetings.
- When you schedule a meeting to occur…depends largely upon the frequency and style…of the meeting that we're talking about.…After you've decided on the style of the meeting,…how do you ensure that it appears correctly…on everyone's calendar?…And how do you ensure you're creating a schedule…that works for almost everyone?…First, it's helpful to make sure everyone…in your organization is using the same calendar tool.…This will help us avoid making mistakes.…
If one person is using Outlook and another person…is using Google Calendar, and another person is using iCal,…you can imagine there are going to be…some miscommunications and things that aren't…going to appear properly.…Try to get everyone on the same page.…There are many fantastic tools available to help…with scheduling meetings.…They can give you access to the schedules of every person…that you're inviting, and allow you to suggest multiple…times to multiple people.…
Some will even handle the coordination for you.…Let the technology do the work for you,…it will save you hours of frustration…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
- Plan how to use technology successfully in your meetings.
- Determine how to select and support a meeting leader.
- Prepare what you need to make meaningful commitments in a meeting.
- Identify successful ways to initiate a meeting.
- Propose challenging ideas while promoting and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Delegate and coordinate work successfully.
- Follow up consistently to create a workplace culture of accountability.