Join Tatiana Kolovou for an in-depth discussion in this video Scenario 2, part of Developing Cross-Cultural Intelligence.
- Bruno works for a Brazilian construction company…asked to present their information as a potential supplier…for a British company based in the UK.…Bruno has traveled to Portugal and Turkey in the past,…but he's never visited the UK.…The presentation is scheduled at the company's headquarters…outside of London.…He was informed that he has a 45-minute window,…and that the presentation will be attended…by some of the company's main decision makers.…Bruno met a couple of engineers from this particular company…at a trade show in the previous year,…so he's thinking of reaching out to them.…
His presentation needs to showcase his company…in hopes that the British decision makers…will choose them for the upcoming five-year contract.…Now since Bruno has never been to England before,…there's quite a lot of prep work for him to accomplish.…Here are questions for him to ask to assess the situation.…Tapping into common knowledge.…Does he know anyone in his home city of Sao Paulo…who has done business in London before?…
- Review the differences between high and low context culture.
- Define individual culture.
- Explore the differences between a direct and an indirect communicator.
- Define a high status culture.
- Define risk as it relates to culture.
- Recall the scenario that best describes a monocronic workplace.
- Review the characteristics of a person with a internal locus of control.