Join Britt Andreatta for an in-depth discussion in this video Scanning your environment and industry, part of Leadership Foundations.
As we have discussed, the quality of your decisions and the effectiveness of your…leadership depends on how well you read your context.…This includes knowing what is happening in your organization and industry.…No matter what level of leader you are, using the following tips will help you…stay informed of the current happenings within your organization.…Number one, frequently review all of the organization's publicity materials like…the website and press releases. Organizations are complex and…communication doesn't always flow efficiently.…You'll be surprised how much you learn about your organization by seeing what it…says about itself to the public. Number two, also review the internal…communication often housed in the employee portal.…
You can gain a lot of information by seeing what positions are hiring, changes…on organizational charts, and formation of new policies and procedures.…Number three, listen in meetings for comments about pressures, challenges, and…opportunities that shape the actions of the organization.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is leadership, and when are you leading?
- Mapping your leadership competencies
- Dealing with changing scope and stakes
- Motivating and engaging others
- Increasing team performance
- Developing political acumen
- Creating a culture of trust and integrity
- Developing resilience<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.