- Identify the focus of your opening questions.
- List the three types of negotiators.
- Name three circumstances in which you should not negotiate.
- Recall how to tell the difference between a negotiator and a buyer.
- Recognize techniques that can help diffuse anger.
- Determine the best approach when a customer knows all of your product offerings.
Skill Level Intermediate
- People have been teaching negotiation skills for decades but in the last few years three critical things have changed. Number one, thanks to the internet buyers have more information. Number two, thanks to reality TV everybody is familiar with negotiation skills. And number three, we now understand how peoples brains react during a negotiation. So in this course you're gonna learn how to be a better negotiator and you're gonna discover why sales requires a completely different set of skills.
You're also gonna discover the surprising reasons why compromise doesn't actually work and how you can create deals that stick. I'm Lisa McLeod, I'm a sales leadership consultant, I work with clients like Google or Roush and I'm also the author of five books, including the best seller Selling with Noble Purpose. I'm gonna be your guide. I want to help you be a more successful negotiator and I also want you to enjoy the process. So let's go.