- Categories of offline and online B2C companies
- Developing personas
- Measuring persona success
- Creating effective website copy
- Measuring the success of your content
- Engaging with social media marketing
- Measuring the success of pay-per-click campaigns
Skill Level Intermediate
- When legendary bank robber Willie Sutton was asked why he robbed banks, Sutton famously replied, "Because that's where the money is." If you've ever wondered why so many companies have evolved to selling direct to consumers online, or why you should too, well, to paraphrase old Willie, because that's where the customers are. My name is Jeff Bloomfield, and I've spent my entire career helping leaders, marketers, sales professionals effectively communicate with their audiences based on how the brain really works.
But all the brain science in the world can't sell anything to someone who isn't there. Online B-to-C, or business-to-consumer, is a business model that refers to offering your product or service directly to the customer online. In this course, we'll discuss the opportunities and challenges of online B-to-C, what works, what to avoid, and how a strong online B-to-C presence can benefit your offline B-to-C efforts as well.
We'll begin by learning how to identify and target your real customer, then follow up by discussing how to create targeted content your customer is actually looking for. We'll dive into search engine optimization, social media marketing, pay-per-click, and other tools to help you attract the right people, more of them, and as cost effectively as possible. My study of the buying brain has convinced me that the reasons why people buy hasn't changed in hundreds, maybe thousands of years.
But where they buy is changing as we speak. In this course, you're going to learn why so many companies are now selling direct to customers online, and why you should be doing so as well. More importantly, you're going to find out where to find your customers, and how you can better help them find you. Are you ready? Let's get started.