Join Mike Figliuolo for an in-depth discussion in this video Running the strategic planning process, part of Strategic Planning Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- If you decide you're going to go out…and run a strategic planning process,…there's a set of very tactical steps…that you're going to take.…Let me walk you through…what the normal strategic planning process looks like.…First, you're going to communicate to everyone…that you're going through a strategic planning process,…and you're going to identify the resources required…to build the strategic plan.…You'll identify team members…and set out a project charter saying…"Here's who's involved representing which areas,…"and here's the work that they're going to do".…
And get their commitment from them and from their managers…that they're going to be involved in the process.…Next you'll conduct the first series of meetings…where everybody gets together.…You'll explain the overarching strategic planning process,…articulate what the deliverables are…coming out of that process,…and then you'll start working on the content.…The content from that first set of meetings…will be the SWOT,…the mission, the vision,…the guiding principles,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Avoiding strategic planning risks
- Assessing the market
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Defining your direction, mission, and vision
- Determining core competencies
- Evaluating and prioritizing opportunities
- Assessing your initiatives
- Organizing for success