Join Mike Figliuolo for an in-depth discussion in this video Running the strategic planning process, part of Strategic Planning Foundations.
- If you decide you're going to go out…and run a strategic planning process,…there's a set of very tactical steps…that you're going to take.…Let me walk you through…what the normal strategic planning process looks like.…First, you're going to communicate to everyone…that you're going through a strategic planning process,…and you're going to identify the resources required…to build the strategic plan.…You'll identify team members…and set out a project charter saying…"Here's who's involved representing which areas,…"and here's the work that they're going to do".…
And get their commitment from them and from their managers…that they're going to be involved in the process.…Next you'll conduct the first series of meetings…where everybody gets together.…You'll explain the overarching strategic planning process,…articulate what the deliverables are…coming out of that process,…and then you'll start working on the content.…The content from that first set of meetings…will be the SWOT,…the mission, the vision,…the guiding principles,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Define the principles of strategic planning.
- Identify forces used to assess the market.
- Explain how to conduct a SWOT analysis.
- Articulate how to establish guiding principles and set goals.
- Explain what strategic filters are used for.
- Describe the steps of a strategic planning process.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Before You Begin Planning
2. Defining the Strategic Environment
3. Setting Your Strategic Direction
4. Determining How You'll Compete
5. Evaluating and Prioritizing Opportunities
6. Assessing Your Initiative Portfolio
Using a 2x2 matrix2m 56s
7. Organizing for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.