Join Mike Figliuolo for an in-depth discussion in this video Running a strategic planning process, part of Strategic Planning Foundations.
- Strategic planning is an inherently simple process.…There are some major tools and steps…that you're going to follow…as you pull together your strategic plan.…First you need to set direction and stay in a lane.…That begins with articulating the vision,…the mission, and the goals of the organization.…Once you've set that destination,…it's important to define…the organization's core competencies.…What are you great at…and how are you going to compete in the market?…The next step of the process…is defining strategic filters.…
This is the heart of the method.…These filters are going to be…the objective functions you're trying to achieve.…They'll be the evaluation criteria you'll use…as you analyze the initiatives…that you are or are not going to pursue.…Next you're going to say no to distractions.…You're going to stay focused.…You'll use tools like a 2x2 matrix…to evaluate which opportunities should we pursue,…and which ones should we avoid.…
You'll take all the initiatives on your list…and run them through those strategic filters…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Avoiding strategic planning risks
- Assessing the market
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Defining your direction, mission, and vision
- Determining core competencies
- Evaluating and prioritizing opportunities
- Assessing your initiatives
- Organizing for success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Before You Begin Planning
2. Defining the Strategic Environment
3. Setting Your Strategic Direction
4. Determining How You'll Compete
5. Evaluating and Prioritizing Opportunities
6. Assessing Your Initiative Portfolio
Using a 2x2 matrix2m 56s
7. Organizing for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.