This video summarizes key statistical methods for identifying root cause. Review alternatives for gathering data and garnering support for action.
- Perhaps you've attempted to identify…root causes of a problematic aspect…of service or customer experience…using non-statistical methods.…Several possibilities have surfaced…and they all seem plausible.…Which root cause deserves your attention…and how do you know?…Statistical analysis tools can help you understand variation…and direct your effort to the right places.…Here, I'll summarize three tools…that we often recommend for their usefulness…in customer service settings.…
One very useful tool is the scatter diagram,…which assesses whether there's a correlation…between two variables and indicates…the degree to which the relationship may exist.…If there's a positive correlation between two variables,…dots will appear as an upward slope.…If there's a negative correlation,…the dots will appear as a downward slope.…The closer the pattern of dots…is to a straight line, the stronger the correlation.…You might want to use a scatter diagram…to examine questions such as,…do quality scores correlate with customer satisfaction?…
This course covers, in a step-by-step fashion, why metrics are important, which metrics matter the most, how to interpret results, and examples of how successful organizations leverage metrics to improve decisions and performance. Whether your service operation includes face-to-face services, contact centers, social media, self-service, or any combination, this course provides practical know-how, real-life examples, and guidance for implementing and using the right metrics and establishing meaningful goals.
- Identifying customer expectations
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Essential metrics for the service operation
- Identifying alternatives for measuring engagement
- Engaging support that drives the right behaviors
- Key areas of focus for individuals
- Assessing service interactions
- Calibration and coaching
- Clarifying responsibilities